Install issue

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Morning, I am installing the FBA pack on a virtualized instance of SPS2010. I have created the web application for the extranet FBA using the article attached. When I run the SharePoint Mgmt shell with elevated privileges and invoke the deploy, ps1 script, the script starts but never completes. It displays "Waiting to finish job-solution-deployment-visigo.sharepoint.formsbasedauthentication.wsp-0' which is then followed by a series of periods indicating it is trying to complete but never moves beyond this point.

I have disabled UAC on the server to eliminate that as a potential cause. Any ideas as to what is causing the script to hang?

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Make sure that both the SharePoint 2010 Administration and Sharepoint 2010 Timer services are running. 

If you still have issues, check Central Admin - Farm Solutions and Undeploy/Uninstall the Visigo.SharePoint.FormsBasedAuthentication solution if it exists.

If you still have issues after that, try manually deploying it with the 'Add-SPSolution' powershell command, and then completing the deployment by installing and deploying via Central Admin - Farm Solutions, and finally enabling the feature in the Site's Site Collection Features.