This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Exception thrown in UserEdit.aspx.cs

Jul 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Hey, 

it's me again, sorry all my questions. I've ran into an error message coming up every time I edit an user. The line of code which causes the error is the following one:

SPUtility.Redirect("FBA/Management/UsersDisp.aspx", SPRedirectFlags.RelativeToLayoutsPage, HttpContext.Current);
The url seems to be correct, at least the folder FBA in 14/_layouts exists and the usersdisp.aspx file is there aswell. After editing an user, I'm redirected to the overview page immediately. Nothing serious here.

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

What's the exception that's thrown? Can you please paste here from the SharePoint logs.

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Sorry, totally forgot to paste it :/

07/12/2012 13:20:27.78 	w3wp.exe (0x11D4)                       	0x12F4	SharePoint 2010 FBA Pack      	General                       	0000	High    	System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.     at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()     at System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo)     at System.Web.HttpResponse.End()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.Redirect(String url, SPRedirectFlags flags, HttpContext context, String queryString)     at Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.UserEdit.OnSubmit(Object sender, EventArgs e)	12cfea83-bca1-481b-a1d8-0f6e1db9a6e5

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM

That's strange. Not sure what would cause that. And it happens every time? 

Also, you mention you're still redirected to the overview page - by that I assume you mean UsersDisp.aspx?  If that's the case, how did you notice the error - did you not get the SharePoint error page?

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Oh I wasn't aware of the fact that the redirect went to usersdisp.aspx as expected. I noticed this error during my intensive study of the SharePoint logs since I'm looking for the cause of those other error messages I get in the application log and uls log.

Yes the error occurs every time I edit and save the contact, not sure if it happens too if I cancel.

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I was able to reproduce, and i've raised an issue. I'll look into fixing it in a future version.